whistlestop caboose

The view from the back.

My Photo
Name:

www.zidao.com Apprentice harmonizer, for sheer fun. Journeywoman writer, for work and pleasure. Starting point was Iowa, current stopping point on this journey is Switzerland, with frequent pauses around the world to watch and listen to the crowd, and occasionally make comments.

www.flickr.com
Tulips 2006 for Gran ellengwallace's Tulips 2006 for Gran photoset

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Why I don't write in German even though Google wants me to

I've had a lot of problems posting blogs since Blogger, owned by Google, decided I have to use a new password. It works out that I'm in Switzerland, automatically decides I'm German-speaking and everything except my own text suddenly appears in German. Since I don't speak German this is a real nuisance. Switzerland has three official languages, French, German and Italian, but Google, which has development offices in Zurich, doesn't seem to be able to get to grips with this.

Right now, abve where I'm posting, are little tabs that say html bearbeiten and verfassen and vorschau. Higher up we have dashboard (a German word, it seems), hilfe and abmelden. I thought I would try one of them a while ago and found I'd logged myself out. Now I know which one that is, but I'm not telling, ha!

The result of this headache is that I will probably very soon move this blog to another address, where logging in is easier and I can create pages that I think work better with my content. I'll put the new address here when I'm ready to move. Meanwhile, enjoy some spring photos, which I'm about to post - fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

Blogger thomyg said...

ah good one... hope you can tackle google by now ;-)

10:12 AM  
Blogger thomyg said...

ah good one - hope you can tackle the "swiss" google by now ;-)

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home